Position: General Manager
Reports to: Ownership
Type: Salary Exempt
Email Resume to: [email protected]
Mythology Distillery is a new craft distillery located in Denver’s LoHi neighborhood. We are a fully operational distillery that produces whiskey, vodka, gin, rum, brandy and other small batch creative spirits. The Mythology bar serves Mythology distilled spirits, craft beer from local breweries, wine and small food plates.
We’re seeking an experienced General Manager who shares an interest in craft spirits, and we aim for this individual to have opportunity for growth within our distillery business. The Mythology bar is our best tool to market the Mythology Brand; therefore, it’s very important for our team to identify a candidate who is passionate about growing with the business.
The General Manager will run the bar operation & ensure the venue achieves success through active customer engagement, commitment to quality, and management of expenses. The GM will create and implement programs to drive business, will train all staff members to establish an exceptional customer experience, and will implement cost control procedures to achieve targeted profit margins.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Create marketing programs to drive customer interest and traffic to the bar. Provide content for these programs to the marketing team and manage the implementation (examples include cocktail classes, live music, specialty cocktail releases, games, comedy nights, Red Rocks pre-party location, etc.).
- Create menu with bar manager that aligns with owner’s vision. Update printed menu as needed so it is always presented to customers as accurate and professional.
- Source all employees, conduct interviews and identify the best candidates for each position. Execute a training protocol for each position, ensuring that all staff is well educated on the proper execution of their position. Coaches and counsels all staff to proper execution of established processes. Handles all employee disciplinary action and terminations according to established protocol. Ensure established operational procedures are followed by all staff members
- Create monthly budget and actively manage all expenditures so they remain in line with established budgets. Make adjustments daily if net profit is not being met. Full knowledge of point-of-sale system to implement all changes. Understanding of accounting procedures to ensure all vendors are paid
- Identify opportunities to improve profitability and customer experience through constant evaluation of operational procedures.
- Provide weekly updates to owners that includes staff report, a calendar of events in planning, and an analysis of revenue and expenses
- Ensure the security of all company assets. Ensure all cash is accurately counted and secured at all times. Works with all staff members to ensure credit card and non cash transactions are completed according to established protocol.
- Coordination with distillery operations to create events promoting spirit releases. Providing ideas to distillery operation for spirits product type & demand based on bar operations.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 3-5 years in a management role with a service driven craft brewery, craft distillery, restaurant, bar or lounge concept.
- Interest in craft distilling or brewing
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience required
- 21+ years of age
- Positive, can-do attitude, ability to work full time, and eagerness to gain experience and learn
- Supreme attention to detail, highly organized and efficient
- Resourceful and a strong work ethic
- Strong administrative writing skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office